Fleadh Fever 2019 is a Film made by Able Vision Ireland as part of a film making course funded by LMETB and taught and directed by Enda Burns. and Presented by Eimear O’Kane The film recounts the journey made by the Able Vision crew to find out more about the Fleadh Cheoil na hÉireann 2019 that takes place in town of Drogheda in County Louth on the east coast of Ireland and how to become part of the Festivities themselves The Fleadh is a annual festival to celebrate Irish tradition through music, song, dance and the Irish language. Ablevision Ireland is a media production and training company for people with Intellectual Disabilities. Our production crews are empowered to speak up for themselves, and to challenge expectations about what they can achieve by making their work visible and valued by the wider community. filmed on location at the Droichead Arts Centre Stockwell Street and made possible by the support of all the staff that man the sails of that fine ship if you enjoy the film please hit the like button above it will be greatly appreciated and thanks for watching
Through training and encouragement our crews learn that they can and will be role models for others with intellectual challenges.
At Ablevision Ireland we believe in the talent and power of our production crews to produce inspirational work that informs and enriches society as a whole.
In the past two years some of our work has been highlighted
- On Nationwide at RTE
- On Morning Edition on RTE
- We have had 3 x30 minute documentaries on Sky TV
- We have produced one short film which was shortlisted for the Oska Bright film festival in Brighton
- We have a film entered in film festivals in US and Australia
- We completed a film with a group from the Peace Wall in Belfast called A Crack in Everything which showed in the Belfast International mainstream Film Festival. It is currently on display with Sprout Films in New York
Ablevision is finalising plans for its third International Film Festival in Drogheda with entries coming from US, UK, South America and Ethiopia and Ireland.
Ablevision winners 2016 Dreamtime Killkenny